Video Share / Video On Demand (VOD) is a free open source WordPress based solution / script for sharing on demand video. Includes a plethora of features like AJAX multi uploader, mobile video upload and playback, HTML5 / RTMP / HLS player, integration for Live Streaming channels with broadcast video archives, webcam Video Recorder, VOD membership and paid playlists support, VAST & Google IMA support for video ads.
It’s easy to theme, extend and customize using WordPress extensions.
Setup a turnkey video sharing / video on demand VOD / over the top OTT / online video distributor OVD site.
- HTML5 playback support
- RTMP playback support
- HLS playback support
- import and show archived video streams for VideoWhisper Live Streaming channels plugin
- AJAX display and update of video list
- shortcodes for listing videos, displaying player, upload form
- HTML5 Drag & Drop AJAX multi video uploader
- mobile video upload (iOS6+, Android 3+)
- Video On Demand (VOD) support
- VAST (including pre-roll video ads) HTML5 support
- HTML5 Google IMA support:
DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP),
Google AdSense network (GAN):
AdSense for Video (AFV) ads
- free and open source
- mobile ready:
html5 video conversion
- easy automated install as WP plugin
- easy to theme with WP templates
- easy translation with POT file localization
- automatic updates
HOW TO SETUP SITE
- First make sure you have compatible video hosting that meets at least the basic requirements.
- Install WordPress if you don’t have it already.
Premium hosting providers (like VideoWhisper) include web tools for automated installation of WP and other popular scripts (Softaculous or Fantastico installers in CPanel).
- Follow the Video Share VOD script installation and configuration tutorial.
- Optionally, get a professional WordPress theme to skin site. In example, the exact theme used on Video Share VOD demo is also available.
- Optionally, get a Live Streaming or Video Recorder license for your site to enable full mode for Live Streaming and Video Recorder plugins.